ID System Access Request

Access Request for ID Card Maintenance System

In order to receive access to the ID Card Maintenance System you will need to have access to the Administrative Information System — ADIN. If you do not already have this access it can be requested at the following site:

If you already have access to ADIN, the following form must be fully completed (including a detailed reason for request) and submitted to the ISU Card Office:

ISU Badge

The ISU Badge is used by departments on campus as a means of instant identification. A Badge Request Form is required every time a new badge is requested and must be completed and signed by the appropriate departmental representative. Individual's first badge will cost $5.00 while replacement badges carry a cost of $25.00 that can be purchased using cash, check, U-Bill, or worktag. This form can be scanned and emailed ahead of time or sent over with the individual. If the form is sent over ahead of time, please let badge recipient know to notify the ISU Card employee they should have a request submitted. If you have a bulk order for your department, you may type a list of full names and University ID numbers to send with this form. 

Badge Request Form

Voter Registration Information

Below you will find helpful information to complete your voter registration and ensure your address verification is correct come voting day. If you have any questions about voting or registering to vote in Story County please contact the Story County Auditor's Office. 515-382-7210.


As a college student, you may choose to register to vote at your home address or at your college address. You cannot register to vote at both.

To pre-register to vote in Story County, complete and sign the Postage Paid Story County Voter Registration Form and mail to the address indicated on the form. The Story County auditor will send you a voter registration card within two weeks. 

You must have an Iowa driver's license or ID number to be able to utilize this site

15 days before all other elections.

You may register and vote on election day if you miss the pre-registration deadline. To do so, you first must go to the correct polling place for your current address on election day.
If you are unsure of your polling place, Find Your Precinct/Polling Place.
At the polling place, you must prove both who you are and where you live. The best way to do this is with your valid Iowa driver’s license with your current address printed on it.

Proof of ID

If you do not have an Iowa driver’s license, you may use a photo ID that is current, valid, and contain an expiration date. The following are acceptable IDs:

  • Iowa non-driver ID card
  • Out-of-state driver's license or non-driver ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. military or veteran ID
  • ID card issued by employer
  • Student ID issued by Iowa high school or college (If your ISU Card was received June 1, 2020 or after, it is a valid proof of ID for voting.)
  • Tribal ID card/document 

Proof of Residence

If your photo ID does not contain your current address, you may use another document to prove where you live if it contains your name and current address and is current within 45 days. The following are acceptable proofs of residence:

  • Residential lease
  • Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
  • Bank statement
  • Paycheck
  • Government check or other government document
  • ISU Voter Registration Address Verification

ISU Voter Registration Address Verification

To help assist you to register to vote on Election Day there is a Voter Registration Address Verification page that can be found on your student tab in Access Plus. After logging in to Access Plus you will click your Student tab and click 'Voter Reg Address' on the bottom left side of the screen. When registering to vote on Election Day you can show this document to poll workers to prove your residency in Ames (this page can be printed out or shown on an electronic device). To update your address, please use the 'Address Change' link found in your Student Tab. Please note that this page does not indicate your personal voter registration status.


If you cannot prove who you are and where you live with the documents listed above, a registered voter from your precinct may attest for you. Both you and the attester will be required to sign an oath swearing the statements being made are true.

Falsely attesting or being attested for is registration fraud. It is a class “D” felony and is punishable by a fine of up to $10,245 and up to 5 years in prison.

This form is a postage paid voter registration form. You may type your information in before printing to ensure legibility when the form is received. This form is provided to you by the Story County Auditor's Office. Contact their office with any questions or concerns at 515-382-7210.

You can download an absentee ballot request from for any county in Iowa from the Secretary of State’s web site. This form requires a stamp. IF YOU MOVE BEFORE ELECTION DAY: Absentee ballots cannot be forwarded and must be returned to the County Auditor’s office.

If you are registered to vote in Story County, you can also download an absentee ballot request form from the Story County Auditor. This form is postage-paid but can only be used by Story County voters.

If you are a resident of another state and wish to vote outside of Iowa, the Campus Vote Project has registration and absentee ballot request information for all 50 states.

  • Affiliate Information

    Non-ISU employees, spouses, dependents, domestic partners, and Alumni Association members are all eligible for an affiliate ISU Card.

    Learn more
  • U.S. Bank Partnership

    You have enough to worry about in college without having to stress out about your finances. U.S. Bank makes it simple. Open a U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking* and link it to your ISU Card, making it your Campus ID and ATM/Debit Card -- all in one.

    Learn more
  • FAQ

    Frequently asked questions regarding the ISU Card, CyCash, and accounts.

    Learn more